DILAPAN-S is a hygroscopic cervical dilator made of a patented hydrogel called AQUACRYL. It is a rigid hydrophilic stick with a plastic handle for easier insertion and removal. The signal fibre at the end of the handle is used to identify the position of the dilator. By absorbing fluids, DILAPAN-S increases its volume and gradually dilates the cervix. 4-6 hours after application, the following dilation can be reached – from 3 up to 8,3-10mm and from 4 to 10-12,5 mm resp.
DILAPAN-S is indicated for patients with immature cervix during pre-induction of labour (cervical ripening) and during instrumental surgeries in the uterine cavity, which require access through the cervix, such as in the case of pregnancy termination.
The main advantages of using DILAPAN-S include:
- DILAPAN-S stimulates the release of endogenous prostaglandins, which degrade collagen fibres and soften the cervix. With this effect, it supports the physiological process of ripening of the cervix during pre-induction of labour.
- due to the mechanism of its action, it dilates the cervix gradually and the effect is gentle as well as predictable.
- its use in pre-induction of labour is not associated with occurrence of excessive uterine contractions and any impact on the heart function of the foetus. In other indications, the gradual dilation ensures full functionality of the cervix for future pregnancy.
- the dilation is accompanied by a minimum of pain and is very well received by patients.
- it does not have any undesirable pharmacological effects.
For more information visit please www.dilapan.com.
DILAPAN-S in dry state before application
DILAPAN-S after swelling